Monday, June 15, 2009

"White Lace Wedding"

I finished "White Lace Wedding" last night. She is currently up on eBay starting at 99c...you can view the auction HERE.



I've been doing a bit of wedding research lately...planning for our own wedding...and I've come to realise how much I actually dislike the idea of the factory wedding. You know - the ones that have a checklist to tick off? Dress - Check. Venue - Check. Flowers - Check. 5 Sugared Almonds - Check. Hideous white lace things hanging off your wrists - Check. It's just not me. And it's not Wade either. I do like the "tradition" of a wedding, but I don't like a lot of the ceremonial overload that comes with it...

Anyway - that was the inspiration for this painting. Wade interpreted it as "the girl who waited too long"...hahahaha...

So at this stage, she's still up for 99c! Looks like you could get a painting for less than the canvas price! =)

I'm currently looking into opening a Zazzle Store. What are your thoughts?

Jaz x







4 comments:

  1. Aww that's great because it comes from the heart cause you're going through the wedding thing yourself. Thanks so much for your comment. I'm from Brisbane but my parents life in the Nambour area so I checked out the local op shops there and they are lovely! xx

    P.S. I love your alice in wonderland rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thank you miss faridah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture. My 10 year old loves it too. She said immediately, she has eyes like me!

    I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

    Thanks for posting a comment on Stolen Sweets. Where did you find it from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I can't even remember where I stumbled across your blog. Perhaps from a comment on someone else's blog? Or maybe a photo on flickr or something? Sometimes I just get click-happy and find things I would never normally search for!
    I'll make sure to keep an eye on your blog now though! Lots of yummy sweets!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)