Friday, July 24, 2009

"Canary Snake"

Today I finished a piece that I started a few months ago, and then left because I didn't know what to do with it. I had painted the girl and the canary...but I felt like something was missing and I didn't know what it was. This week however - a snake "crept" into the painting. Of course! A Yellow Canary Snake!


I was first drawn to this gorgeous big red bow in a magazine...i pictured a beautiful big blue-eyed girl wearing it in her hair...and the rest of the painting basically created itself. The canary flew in...and the yellow canary snake decided to follow it... I've always loved snakes - and this Yellow Canary Snake (otherwise known as the Kofiau Island Chondro) is a particularly special one. They are from the island of Kofiau off the west coast of Papua New Guinea (via John Berry Reptiles) and they are quite rare to find! It also features yellow roses - symbolising friendship between the snake and the canary. Although they are usually enemies - these two have a lot in common...

She is currently up in My eBay Store for 7 days starting at $50...

Tonight I'll be starting a new piece featuring the kitschiest cat you've ever seen...so cute!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful artwork! Your style is so dreamy, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!! I love your work it isn't anything like I have ever seen before. What is your medium you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ashley! I use artist quality acrylic paint. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)