Saturday, August 29, 2009

Start to the Weekend.

Ok first of all - we haven't set a wedding date. But today, I tried on a wedding dress for the first time. It was a nice and a little surreal experience. In a way I guess I expected it to be an emotional moment, but then at the time it was...well...it was really just like trying on a REALLY nice dress!
So then I put a veil on, so I might feel a bit more weddingy...and well...i saw a bride in the mirror, and I guess that bride was me! I kind of felt like a kid dressing up. Like I was still just putting a beach towel over my head and pretending it was a veil. I tried on 2 amazingly beautiful dresses...but I don't think either of them are going to be my wedding dress. I'll know my wedding dress when I see it.

I really can't wait to be married. I think the exciting thing is that I'm going to be married to the love of my life. Not the wedding. I feel good about that though - I mean - that's why you get married right? Because you want to marry your life with someone elses. Although the wedding part is pretty exciting... =)

Lisa (my friend) & Jayde (my sister) are up for the weekend so we've been catching up, doing lots of shopping, eating, playing guitar hero (yes - I'm the Summer Drummer!) and we watched 'Bride Wars' tonight, which I actually really enjoyed! We're all feeling weddinged out though now.

I just read Mem Fox's "The Green Sheep" three times to Ari and now she's fast asleep...and I nearly am too.

Goodnight,
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I remember when I tried on my wedding dress and I was like, "Mum, this is it". (She was a little disapointed in the price tag). :-P

    You're right to be excited about marriage too- it's such an amazing experience and while it'a hassle to change your name and all that, it bring such unity. I love it. :-D

    Can't wait to hear more about your wedding plans when you set a date etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Talia,
    Yeah it is very exciting! I'll update you on the details as they come...
    Jaz x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)