Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Balancing Act


It's true...a Mothers work is never done. So what happens when you combine both a Mother, a Tortured Artist & a Desperate Housewife into one? You get me.

Don't get me wrong. I love being a Mum. I love being an Artist. I love being a Housewife. I love all of these tags. But I have many other tags also...I'm a Daughter. A Friend. A Jewellery Designer. A Small Business Owner. A Fiance. A Shopper! A Blogger. The list goes on.....


So how do you juggle all of these things? How do you get them all
right? I'm baffled. It seems no matter how much you try to do in one day, how much you try to spend on any of these areas, there's always this feeling of inadequacy. If I spend too much time on my business, I'm not spending enough time with my baby. If I'm not spending enough time on the business, I'm not being dedicated enough to it's success. If I'm spending too much time on balancing either of these things - what's happening to the housework? Oh, and I'm supposed to be spending quality time with Wade because we agree that having a baby or a job isn't going to ruin the romance. Did I mention that I'm also supposed to be exercising, eating right, and looking good? Oh, and I'm an awesome friend, so I love spending time with my girls and also organising fabulous things like Bridal and Baby Showers. I also suffer from Panic Attacks, but that's a whole other kettle of fish. We're also renovating our house which still has masking tape on the door frames which are still in the process of being painted, and yes I know - it's going to rip the paint off....

(To use the words of Mia Freedman - "Are we having fun yet!?").


But. As I rant. I'm also reminded that I treasure every single one of these little tags. I know that it sounds cliche, but I really wouldn't change any of it. I am so blessed to have all of these things. And most of all, I'm blessed to have a healthy family. I'm blessed to be Australian. To have wonderful friends. A wonderful family. Wonderful In-Laws...and of course, a wonderful Fiance & Daughter who I just adore adore adore...

So today I'm tidying the house & grocery shopping in preparation for a little dinner party tonight with 2 of my close friends. But before that, I've got some Kooky Jewellery orders to prepare and send, and then I'll be updating both my Etsy and eBay Store with some new items! Keep an eye out. But right now I'm off to change a nappy...

How are you balancing your day-to-day?
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! I've come to realize the trick to balance isn't keeping it all balanced out each day (or even each week) because stress always tips the scale that way. I try to balance on a weekly or monthly basis. Those nagging pangs of guilt & inadequacy don't completely go away but it's easier to mute them out when you KNOW you're doing your best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you're so right Kim! I'll try and balance my weeks & months out rather than my days...maybe that will put things into perspective. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)