Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weather Prediction: There's going to be a Baby Shower!

One of my best friends, Tabitha, is pregnant (due in March), and I excitedly offered to throw her a baby shower. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl, so it's a neutral theme, and I've decided to go with a "bird" theme - like "there's a new addition to the nest" kind of thing.

Sorry about the picture quality - it was on pearly card so it was hard to get a photo without too much glare. I also used alphabet stickers, feathers, rafetta twine, and little pearls to create the 'nest'. I also hand-wrote the invite as something a little different to just printing it out. My hand was sore after writing out 20 invites! Plus I also had little hand-written cards with the RSVP notes and directions to the venue.


I had fun making them, and I'm quite happy with the way they turned out. Now I just have to figure out all the other nice things I want for the actual day. I would love to have a "high tea" kind of thing - with china tea cups and saucers, but it's going to be held outdoors in a park so I worry that it's impractical. I wish they had some sort of plastic tea cups? That would be great. 10 days to go and I need to organise games and decorations and food - oh my!

Better get going...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Please leave a comment below! :)