Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend in Review

I threw a baby shower for my friend Tabitha on Saturday. Baby is due in 6 weeks, and no one knows if it's a boy or girl, so I went with a neutral "bird/egg in the nest" theme. I made:
  • jelly bean cupcakes (confession: they are not the ones in the picture! mine were not photo worthy and 6 of them fell on the floor!).
  • chocolate "birds nests" - the same as "chocolate spiders" except with solid easter eggs in the middle...
  • a nappy cake - in a yellow & white theme with baby lotions, powders, a baby comb, booties & a rubber ducky on top!
  • a water bowl centerpiece with little rubber duckies of different colours bobbing around
  • 'thank you' favours - little plastic sandwich containers filled with blue and pink caramels, completed with a gold ribbon and a handwritten 'thank you - pink or blue?" tag.
Anyway...blah blah blah...it turned out to be a great morning! It's kind of one thing to tick off my list now though - and I can focus on my Kooky Tea Party market stall! Hopefully I'll be kicking off next Sunday (after another friends baby shower on Saturday). I swear babies are popping out EVERYWHERE at the moment!!! Another friend of mine is due today...no news yet though.

Speaking of Kooky Tea Party - there's a ton of new jewels in my stores! My favourite at the moment is the 'Cup & Saucer' ring (see right). So adorable! Everyone comments on it. The store to keep an eye on at the moment is the eBay store because as of tomorrow there is a heap of stuff marked down - over 70 items!

I'm looking forward to getting some sleep tonight - but not before I read a little more of "Eat, Pray, Love". That book really IS all it's cracked up to be! I'm surprised! I had high expectations and didn't think it would live up to all the hype...but somehow it is. I'm half way through.

Monday tomorrow. Lots of jewellery orders to get out...

Goodnight!

Oh! P.S. - I bought a dress today from Portmans @ DFO. I didn't try it on - i just winged it. It was marked down from $99.95 to $9.95! (yes - $80 off!!) and guess what?! It fits PERFECTLY. It's my new favourite!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm not sure if your market has been, but all I can say is, if you make good stuff you will sell it. Sometimes the market isn't right, and sometimes people don't turn up. So, don't give up if it seems like a hard slog. Plus, get a buddy to come and keep you company. Being stuck needing to go to the toilet is the worst.
    Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great hostess you must have been! the mummy to be sure is lucky to have such an artistic friend. good luck with the market.
    %*_*% rosey

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tips rachel! i haven't done the market yet - hopefully this weekend. can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the lovely comment rosie! love reading your blog too. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)