Saturday, February 27, 2010

Julie, Julia, Jitters and Jewels...

This afternoon it was raining outside, so Wade, Ari & I sat down and munched on camembert, tasty chedder & crackers, and watched "Julie & Julia". It's a true story about a lady named Julie Powell, who sets herself the goal of cooking all the meals from Julia Child's cookbook "Mastering the Art of French Cooking", and blogging her journey. (It's kind of ironic that I'm now blogging about her!). It wasn't the best movie I've seen, but I certainly found it inspirational and easy to watch. The french imagery is beautiful, and I could certainly relate to Julie at times. Although she was able to blog quietly without a 16 month old at her feet!

I'm not sure what it is about France at the moment, but it keeps popping up! At the moment I'm reading "Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Seperated and Reunited" (which is an interesting read by the way!) and one of the twins lives in France. The other night when I went to an Indian restaurant, I couldn't take my eyes off the cute French restaurant next door. While in a clothes store earlier today, all I could see were navy blue and white striped clothes screaming FRANCE! One of them even had a little Eiffel Tower charm on it! Is it too much to add that my Kooky Tea Party stores also feature a few French themed jewels....?

Anyway, maybe I am just getting carried away. Maybe it's just the fact that I've subconsciously been more perceptive to it...

If you notice that I'm babbling nervously in this blog post it's because I
am nervous tonight. There's been a tsunami warning issued to Australia following an 8.8 earthquake in Chile at 5:34EDT today. The Bureau says that it's a "marine warning" at this stage, and it probably won't hit until tomorrow morning, but it completely freaks me out none the less. The force and unpredictability of mother nature is completely mind blowing...

But...what do I do in this situation...while Wade & Ari chill out on the couch with very little worry at all...I sit anxiously on Twitter to see what other people are saying and feeling. Oh, and I decide to write a long-winded blog post...which I will end now.

After a few photos of my newest jewels =)

Stay safe. Lots of Love.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)