Monday, March 29, 2010

"Underwater Mermaid"

She's finally finished! I've been working on this HUGE mermaid painting for months now on and off, and this weekend I finally finished her. It a big one - 1.2m x 0.4m! So yesterday I took some photos and she's up for auction on eBay starting at $150. I've named her "Underwater Mermaid" (yep, it took me AGES to think of that one! =P) and I'm so happy with the way she turned out. There's so many different things to look at in this painting including a seahorse, starfish, lion fish, jellyfish, clown fish, shells, sea weed, and of course my favourite - a big octopus!

Today I've got quite a few Kooky Tea Party Jewellery orders to do, and of course the usual boring household chores. But after those things are finished I'm going to be working on the next painting in my "Mini Alice" series.

Hope you are all having a refreshing Monday, and keeping the Monday-itis at bay..

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow - she is really beautiful!! Well done. Can't wait to see the next installment on the "Alice" series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fantastic. The details are fabulous. I am smitten with your artwork...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)