Thursday, April 1, 2010

"Time Flies for the White Rabbit"

Wow - it's already Easter! I really shouldn't be surprised, the hot cross buns have been at the supermarket for months. But in a way, the long weekend has still crept up and all of a sudden, it's Good Friday tomorrow! Today I finished the 2nd piece in my "Mini Alice" series. This one's called "Time Flies for the White Rabbit". It features flying clocks, cogs and gears, and of course - the mysterious White Rabbit himself. I thought it would be ironic to dress him in a shooting jacket. I wonder what he's hunting?

The whole piece is based around the notion of time. Lately I've been feeling like there's just not enough hours in the day. I want to push the "STOP" button. I need it to hold up just a second. It's all flying too fast. And I think this has kind of come out in this painting without me even realising it. Anyway, the original is up on Etsy for $49.


I've been reading the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" by Dr Richard Carlson, and one of the chapters says that we need to stop treating life as an emergency. Maybe that's what Lewis Caroll was trying to get across in "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"? So now when I'm in a stressful situation, even just a small one like having to stop at a red light when I'm in a rush, I try to say to myself "life isn't an emergency". It sometimes helps.

Ok well I hope you all have a lovely Easter long weekend! Stay safe. And eat loads of chocolate. I will be!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)