Monday, May 3, 2010

"Falling Down the Rabbit Hole"

The dreaded sore throat is coming my way....I can feel it. But not to worry, that hasn't stopped my fingers from painting!

This weekend I've done a lot of work on that lovely 'Alice' commissioned piece I was talking about. It's a big one - a 3 panel triptych - and it's nearly finished! :) It's been a lot of fun to work on though. If the buyer permits, I will later offer the pieces as prints.

This afternoon, in between waiting for coats of paint to dry on the triptych, I finished off the 3rd piece in the "Mini Alice" series. It's called "Falling Down the Rabbit Hole", and it features a surprised Alice tumbling down after the White Rabbit.

The book ("Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll) says something like this:

"First, she tried to look down and make out what she was coming to, but it was too dark to see anything; then she looked at the sides of the well, and noticed that they were filled with cupboards and book-shelves; here and there she saw maps and pictures hung upon pegs."

It is painted in high quality acrylics on canvas which is tightly wrapped around a timber frame. The staples are at the back of the frame, so the picture can be hung on the wall without the need for a frame. It's signed by me and finished in a clear lacquer to enhance the colors and to protect the work for many years to come!

You can purchase the original on Etsy, MadeIt, or directly from me through my website.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)