Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely Mummies out there! (for yesterday).

I had a really nice day. Breakfast made for me, then we spent the morning cruising the aisles of Art Shed (wow! I'm like a kid in a lolly shop in there!), followed by Chinese for lunch at "Jackpot Noodle" in West End. Ariella (or, should I say, Wade) bought me some gorgeous new fluffy pink slippers (I'm wearing them now!), some knitted style home socks, and "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll and Camille Rose Garcia! The card is a postcard by artandghosts - my man has SUCH good taste :)! For my Mum, I got her a new address book (her other one is about 20 years old and in dire need of an update!), a little notepad and pen for her handbag, and Bon Jovi's latest DVD. And not to forget my beautiful Gran - I got her a little address book too. Then there's my Mother-In-Law and Step-Mother-In-Law...shall I go on?...Let's just say we all got spoiled! :)


Then the afternoon was spent re-organizing my studio area. It's a pain-staking job that I always put off doing, but after a few hours of chopping and changing things I have an actual workable space now!

I suppose it was spurred on by buying a few new organizer type things from Art Shed. Once I have a new item for a room (for example, a new blender for the kitchen), I feel spurred on to tidy up and fix the whole room so that the new item looks right in the space. Does anyone else do that?

I finished the commissioned triptych I've been working on over the past week or two, so that's good to go. I won't post pics just yet because I think it's a gift for someone and I would hate for them to accidentally stumble upon it just yet! I promise to post pics later though. Today I'll be working on another commissioned piece - this time a fairy! I'm only at the sketching stage for this one, but it's already really fun.

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. such lovely presents - my favourite colour too no less! I think Miss Lemon is very honoured to be amongst them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, she is. Miss Lemon now has a place on my visual board in my studio. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)