Friday, May 21, 2010

Pencil Art

I did something big this morning - I caught a train! Haha. Not by myself. It was actually with my sister, my Mum and of course, Ariella. The reason it's kind of a big deal is because I haven't caught a train in years! I kind of have a phobia about trains. It's not as bad as my bus phobia, but it's still there. Anyway, the train ride was actually really enjoyable and Ari loved it! Plus I had a nice time shopping in the City for an hour or so.

Anyway, today I really just wanted to share this awesome concept with coloured pencils. Wade showed me this ages ago, but I just read about it again in Evie the Elephant's blog and
I wanted to include it here too. Japanese company Felissimo have 500 pencils that you can collect at 25 a month over 20 months. How awesome do they look displayed on the wall in this display case!?


I would love one of these on the wall of my art studio. But alas, at AU$23 per set (that's $460 just for the pencils!), it's not in my budget at the moment. I'm thinking that I could make a less expensive one with cheaply bought pencils though?

What do you think?

It's Friday night. I'm going to be chilling out with an easy dinner (either home made or take away - it WILL be something simple!) and working on a new commission piece...

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That looks fabulous - I'm sure you could do it cheaper...looking forward to seeing your version soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be SO good! You should definitely do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I'll just have 2 now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely you can do it. http://www.artshedonline.com.au/derwent-drawing-pencil-tin-6-asst/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)