Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Drink Me"

This is the fourth painting in my "Mini Alice" series - "Drink Me". This one features Alice after she's fallen down the rabbit hole and stumbled across a little glass table. Here she finds a bottle labeled "Drink Me"....

It was all very well to say `Drink me,' but the wise little Alice was not going to do
that in a hurry. `No, I'll look first,' she said, `and see whether it's marked "poison" or not'; for she had read several nice little histories about children who had got burnt, and eaten up by wild beasts and other unpleasant things...

However, this bottle was not marked `poison,' so Alice ventured to taste it, and finding it very nice, (it had, in fact, a sort of mixed flavour of cherry-tart, custard, pine-apple, roast turkey, toffee, and hot buttered toast,) she very soon finished it off. - Lewis Caroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland."

The original is currently in my Etsy store.

Print are available from Zazzle. (You can get them in any size you like - just click on the "Customize it" button followed by the "Print Options" tab.)

I've also finished that big "Day of the Dead" themed commission, I'm just waiting on approval from the client, and then I'll post pics. :)

Today I'll be working on another painting...the one I was talking about yesterday with the dark black hair. You can follow my progress throughout the day on Twitter.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)