Saturday, June 12, 2010

SATC2

I have been ANTICIP.....ATING this movie since I heard they were creating it! Sex and the City 2. I finally got to see it last night when 3 of my girlfriends and I (how very SATC!) had some dinner and caught the late gold class session - complete with crazy cocktails, chocolate brownie sundaes, and peanut m&ms...

Every episode of SATC including the first movie has never failed to impress me. I feel like these girls are personal friends of mine. I've grown alongside these women. I never tire of watching the episodes...I've learnt from them...I've been inspired by them...I've laughed and cried with them...I'm a huge fan...can't you tell?

This movie, however...just lacked.

It's like they've tried SO hard. Too hard. They've stereotyped the girls SO obviously...Samantha's trying to say outrageous things, that in all honesty were just a bit of a yawn....they tried to do CRAZY unimaginable outfit changes every 2 seconds, they've tried to re-create 'WOW' moments like they did in the first movie, they tried to create touching moments...don't even get me started about how tacky it was when the girls were singing "I am Woman" kareoke style...

Plus...the movie went for nearly 3 hours and to be honest there's no real storyline...
It just felt like they needed to pump out another movie so they grasped at what they could, threw in a million designer clothes and shoes and hoped for the best....

Will I be buying the DVD? Yes, of course! It's a piece of SATC history. But...and I can't believe I'm saying this...I think they've made the right decision by leaving it there and not making any more. It's time. :(

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there was an exact storyline, but I think following on in the SATC history, the movie ended the chapter that is SATC very well.. I think it showed the struggles of being married, trying to still be your own person and having that girl time and keeping the romance alive in your marriage... and I am glad that it showed the fact that Charlotte, although coming across as the perfect life, struggles like any normal mum and I especially loved that Miranda "the realist" I guess you could say, was there to pick Charlotte up and show her that fairytales aren't necessarily true and Miranda has grown show much as a character that she now realises as well that motherhood can be great along with having a job... I don't think Samantha's character could go anywhere then what we are use to, and that is inappropriate actions and sex... LOL...

    Just my view of what I thought the movie portrayed and yes, I will also have a piece of the SATC history and buy the DVD... hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you're right Peta, they did really stay true to the characters.

    Although my review probably seems like I didn't 'like' the movie...i actually did...I would watch it again. I just think they could've made the storyline a bit more exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)