Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Fun

I love Sundays. This morning we went down to the local markets and had a walk around. I found a book I've been meaning to read - "The Friday Night Knitting Club" (which I've been assured is not as boring as it sounds!), as well as 2 toy making books (yes - u read the tags right - they were "FREE!"). The toy making books are all in Japanese, but I'm hoping I'll be able to follow the photo instructions, because the little stuffed toys are seriously cute!

Market Book Finds

So Cute! Japanese Toy Making Instructions

Japanese Toy Making Instructions

Now I just need to find the supplies (and the time!) to actually give the toy making thing a try. I really love the idea of making toys by hand.

I haven't had the chance to blog about this painting yet, but on Friday night I listed a new piece on eBay. It's called "Spiderwebs By Candlelight" and it's up for auction.

"Spiderwebs by Candlelight" Original Painting

Yesterday afternoon I stocked up on art supplies, so I've got heaps of fresh canvasses just waiting to be painted on! Love that.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love a free book...or two!! Good luck, I'm sure you'll be ok (or will just be able to make it up if you can't understand the pics!). If you do get stuck take a pic of what you need to read and send it through to me. I might be able to help with translation.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)