Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Scorpio"

I'm awake nice and early this morning. For some reason Ariella decided to wake up at 6:30am instead of her usual 8am. So I suppose I may as well get an early start on the day (despite the headache I woke up with). Hello Panadol!

Yesterday I was able to catch up with my best friend and her two little ones at the park, which was so nice. Ari just loves playing with other kids, and she really doesn't get to enough because she's at home with me most of the time.

It just so happens that my best friend is a "Scorpio", so it's quite fitting that I finished my Scorpio painting yesterday! She's up on eBay for a 10 day auction, starting at only 1 cent!

The color palette is based around Scorpio's lucky colors - red and black. It features a big eyed girl wearing a pretty red dress and a black opal necklace - black opal being the birthstone of Scorpio. Of course, there's a friendly looking scorpion thrown in there, as well as the flower for this starsign - the Chrysanthemum. In the background you will also see Scorpio's ruling planet, Pluto!

I'm planning on doing all 12 zodiac signs. So I guess the next one will be...Sagittarius!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)