Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Spider Fairy"

I'm obsessed with "The Girls Next Door" at the moment. Otherwise known as "Girls of the Playboy Mansion". I've been watching it while I paint and I can't get enough. Haha...I know I'm late on the bandwagon - the episodes I'm currently watching are from 2007, and the girls have since broken up with Hef...but I'm loving it all the same.

Last night I finished off a painting called "Spider Fairy". This painting took forever because it just kept changing and changing and changing...


It started out as a fairy that was going to be pink and red with berries and leaves around her, and then out of nowhere it just started changing and becoming kind of halloweeny...

It's weird when that happens. I swear they have a mind of their own. I got frustrated with it a few times, even to the point of putting it down and starting another painting, but then I came back and it started to transform into this "Spider Fairy"...and I'm happy with the final piece. She's currently up for auction here.

This afternoon I'm thinking about painting a mermaid...feel free to throw any ideas at me!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)