Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ageing.

I just got home from visiting my Great Aunty at the old people's home. Sorry - Residential Nursing Aged Care Centre. Unfortunately it's quite depressing there. Due to lack of funding, there's dementia patients mixed in with elderly patients that are mentally able, but not physically able, mixed in with middle aged people who have suffered brain injuries etc. It smells unappealing and quite frankly, doesn't offer much hope for the future. I can only hope that there's something better to look forward to when our generation, and even our parents generation, reach that age.

It's kind of ironic that last night I finished reading "Mr. Playboy - Hugh Hefner and the American Dream". I can only hope that at 85 I'm as youthful as him. While I don't advocate everything he stands for, I do think he's played a big part in American pop culture revolution, and his zest for life and business is to be admired.

Anyway, I still feel like I'm kind of sick. I'm not sure whether it's psychosomatic, or whether I really am sick - or getting better and my body is just fighting off the flu? hmm...

Yesterday I finished off the commissioned paintings I was working on, so now I'm going to throw myself into some new paintings I started last night and try to be positive.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)