Saturday, April 9, 2011

Playtime, worktime...

This week has flown by! Mostly it's been filled with housework (though you wouldn't think it looking at the mess my house is in), painting, and boring errands...However yesterday Ariella and I had the pleasure of going to Lollipops Playland with Kate and Isabelle (who's 3)! Personally I think it's pretty expensive...$10.90 (for over 2's) + $3.50 for adults (although that includes a drink) + $3 for socks (yes - we forgot socks). Then there's lunch...etc...so for Mum and Bub you're looking at at least $20 for a play. But - it was raining, and Ariella loved it, and it was a pretty casual environment to catch up and have coffee..so it was worth it.

I realised this morning that the Archibald finalists have been announced for 2011. My faves are:

"Mother (a portrait of Cate)" by Del Kathryn Barton (2008 Winner)

"Margaret Olley" by Ben Quilty

"White Cocoon" by Matt Doust

Today I'm lucky enough to have Wade home with me - so we're having a nice relaxing Saturday pottering around the house, mowing the lawn etc and I'm hoping to get some painting done.

At the moment I'm working on a 'Summer' themed painting. Kind of ironic seeing as Summer is now over - but oh well. Here's a sneak peek....


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)