Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday Morning...

Ah, it's Monday again. It was a nice relaxing weekend...a couple of drinks with friends on Saturday night, and pottering around and getting some painting done yesterday. Today I'm keeping Miss 2 home from Kindy because she doesn't seem to be very well - she doesn't want to eat and she's just generally clingy and miserable.

I still have a fair bit of painting that needs to be done today though. I've got 3 commissioned pieces in the works at the moment, and I've also got to seriously get to work on my painting for the Monthly Painters Challenge. It's where 5 other artists and myself set a 'theme' each month and come up with our own interpretation of the theme through our art. This month's theme is a secret for another few days but I can tell you it's quite tricky! It will be interesting to see what the other artists come up with.

I've been working on the commissioned paintings over the weekend, so I haven't got any 'new' art to show you, but in the meantime you can see all of my available originals HERE on Etsy or HERE on eBay.

Also, if you're interested in a commissioned painting - where you get to choose exactly what you would like in the painting - feel free to email me at artbyjaz@yahoo.com.au with your ideas! :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jaz... it is always a challenge balancing motherhood and creativity, especially in flu season. Glad to hear you think the monthly painter's challenge is a bit tricky, because I am feeling the same. It is all good fun though and I can't wait to see what you have come up with. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you lovely ladies (Jaz and Tracey) do it, balance motherhood, wifely duties and creativity. A big pat on the back to you both for achieving as much as you do.

    Glad to hear the challenge is proving tricky :) I'm finding it a CHALLENGE too. Tracey is right, it's great fun though, I'm happy that there is a little side project to mix things up a bit. A deadline is great too.

    Can't wait to see what you all do!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)