Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Pisces (Zodiac Mermaid)"

Today was a Kindy day for Miss 2, which made it a productive day for Mummy! hehe.

I finished off my latest zodiac painting. I think I've said it before, but I'm not doing them in any specific order - I think it makes it more fun that way.

So far I've done Scorpio, Cancer and now Pisces! Because Pisces is a water sign, it seemed fitting to do a mermaid. The symbols of Pisces are two fish swimming in different directions, so I added in 2 koi fish. In the background you can see Neptune, the ruling planet of Pisces - which was also convieniently a purply/blue colour! I also added some bubbles and a tattoo of the Pisces symbol on the mermaid's arm. It's also special for me because my Dad is Piscean!

The original is $199 on eBay and Etsy (or $190 for Facebook Fans). There are also prints available.

Click HERE to see the 5"x10" Prints
or
Click HERE for the 8"x16" (Big!) Prints

As for seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 the other day - I loved it! I don't know why I wasn't excited, but it was probably a good thing, because I was really impressed when I saw it. It was a fitting end to the series - and yes, I have read all the books. What a nerd.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! What a gorgeous mermaid. I love the vivid coloring in this...

    I loved HP part 2 as well! I was definitely pleased with the ending... and that dragon looked so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)