Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Monthly Painters Challenge - July 2011 Entry

Ergh. I've caught that stupid head cold that's been going around. So, things are moving a little slower here than usual for a couple of days. One of the great things about working for yourself is you can do things at a slower pace when you're sick - but I guess I end up working crazy hours to make up for it later.

Also I'm a Mummy - and Mum's unfortunately don't get sick leave.

For July's Monthly Painters Challenge, the topic was "Happiness". It was a hard one actually - because it's such a broad topic. Anyway, I started to think of the things that make me happy. The number one thing that springs to mind is family. It's #1. I thought I'd try something a bit different this month and do a photo instead of a painting. So I took some photos of my daughter Ariella, and this one just screamed contentment and happiness...


Also - I've reached 500 fans on my Facebook page! I did another draw (via random.org) and the winners of the free art prints were:
#435 CARRIE LAPHAM, #89 ISOBEL VICTORIA and #370 JESSICA BARRY - CONGRATULATIONS!
Today (with the help of panadol) I'll be working on two big commissioned paintings that I've got in the works.

In the meantime...I'll leave you with these floral shoes I'm really into at the moment!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get better soon Jaz. Love you Mpc piece and what fun shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are spectacular... as is your photo, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)