Monday, September 19, 2011

27

Phew! Another busy weekend. Yesterday I turned 27! I got some lovely pressies - and got to spend the day with Hubby and Miss 2, and then dinner with my Mum, Dad and Sister, so it all worked out perfect. I got these beautiful pj pants that I've had my eye on for a while - they are a new brand that Sussan are stocking called "Night Owl" and they are super soft and luxurious! I just couldn't go past the black and white stripes, the ornate frames, the keys and the haunted houses! SO cute! 

My new fave PJ pants!


I also got a few other beautiful pressies from my family :) So spoilt. We spent the day wandering around the Surrealism exhibit at GOMA. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed by it, I thought there would be a lot more Dali's and maybe a few modern surrealist painters, but it really just seemed to focus more on very abstract surrealism. I don't know, I consider myself a "surrealist" painter at times and I have always loved the concept - but I just didn't seem to get that excited about this exhibit. Hmm. A couple of things I did like were:


"Hallucination Partielle" by Salvaldor Dali

"Madame Recamier" - Sculpture by Rene Magritte

and
"Sculpture" by Ariella Higgins (at "Surrealism for Kids" - GOMA)


I've also recently listed a new mini painting to my shop called "The Witch's Black Cat"

"The Witch's Black Cat"
 - all of my mini original paintings are just $30 at the moment - the cheapest way to own one of my original paintings!

Today I've been busy with commissioned paintings, and I probably will be tomorrow as well, but if you're interested in what original paintings I have available at the moment, they can all be found HERE.
I hope everyone had a nice weekend! :) 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)