Thursday, September 15, 2011

Monthly Painters Challenge Entry - August 2011

Today I had the pleasure of meeting up with Tracey Fletcher King and Tracey Potter - two other artists who participate in the Monthly Painters Challenge. It was lovely to meet Tracey Fletcher King for the first time in person and see her lovely home and studio space. I also found out she is the Queen of TEA! Flavoured, spiced, balls that blossom into flowers - you name it - the girl has got it. Yum!

For those of you who haven't heard of the Monthly Painters Challenge before, it's where a group of artists are given a topic each month (which is kept top secret) and they each interpret the topic in their own way to create an artwork, which is revealed on the 15th of each month. 

For the month of August, the topic was "SAFE". I tried to think of things that make me feel safe, and one that stands out to me is rain. Just a cloudy sky can begin to calm me down. I find rain really cleansing, and the sound of it when I'm all inside cuddled up makes me feel incredibly safe. So in a way my painting "Safe in the Rain" is a self portrait in a way...



"Safe in the Rain" - 20cm x 50cm x 1.5cm



I decided to put the original up for auction starting at just $30. You can view the auction HERE. There are also prints available on Etsy.

Tomorrow is Friday - the weekend is near! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)