Monday, September 12, 2011

Red Fest 2011

Phew! What a weekend. We went to Red Fest on Saturday, and had a great time.


I entered 3 paintings into the art show there - and "Pisces Mermaid" sold while we were there! It was so coincidental actually - we were only in the art pavillion for about 15 mins and my painting sold while I was there! It was fabulous because I got to meet the buyer. Here's a photo of the lovely Brooklyn in front of her new painting!


That night we headed down to NSW to visit Wade's parents and the rest of the weekend was spent going to the beach, eating too much junk food, seeing Wade's dad's new place and exploring their property. We even found a skull! Thankfully it wasn't human, haha - it was a dog skull.

It's already lunch time here today (Monday) and this morning has been filled with running around - picking up paintings, dropping Miss 2 at Kindy, food shopping, doing laundry etc...but now I'm going to settle in and get some painting done.

On Friday I started a new piece with sunflowers in it...I've only started sketching it up at this point, so I hope to get some more done on that today too. It's 30cm x 30cm on a stretched canvas.


I hope everyone had a nice weekend!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful weekend! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we were thinking of going to this, but ended up having some friends over to see the new place!

    So good you got to meet the girl that bought your painting! Very special!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)