Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blackboard + "Halloween Dream"

 I wanted to share a little project we started on the weekend - a blackboard for my studio/office! I've been wanting one for a while and when I saw one at Tracey Fletcher King's house it I thought "That's it - I'm doing it!". I think it will be great for to-do lists, inspirational quotes, and anything else I need to jot down quickly...

Before...my little whiteboard!



1st coat of chalkboard paint. It took 3 coats.



 So after 3 LONG days of waiting for it to set properly...I finally got to write on it this morning! Yay! :D 









The finished blackboard! 











The reason there's towels around is because I didn't realise just how much dust it would create! We still need to add a piece of wood molding underneath to hold to the chalk and catch the dust.

We also painted the end of our kitchen cabinet as a little chalkboard for Miss 3. She absolutely loves it!







Yesterday I finished a new painting called "Halloween Dream". It didn't start out as a Halloween themed painting, I was just painting a white haired girl...but somehow it turned out that way! It must be all the Halloween decorations in the shops influencing me. I can't help it, I love Halloween - I can't wait for Australia to embrace it more and more!

"Halloween Dream"


The original painting is 25cm x 20cm x 1.5cm and is $75 on eBay here.


Hope everyone is having a nice week!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. welcome to Blackboard world Jaz.... sure you will love it as well and it looks as though Miss A is loving it also Halloween dream is amazing and I love the pumpkin in her hair xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)