Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"Fairy Jumble" and "Opulent Olive"

So it's Tuesday night - and I just thought I'd update a couple of new paintings that I completed at the end of last week. The first is my entry for December's Monthly Painters Challenge. The topic was "Gallimaufry" - a word that I had never heard before! When you google it - it means:

gal·li·mau·fry/ˌgaləˈmôfrē/

Noun:
  1. A confused jumble or medley of things.
  2. A hash made from diced or minced meat.
While a painting of minced meat sounds delightful (Mark Ryden anyone?) I decided to go with the "jumble or medley of things". I ended up with a fairy and a jumble of her things - a sparrow, some mushrooms, a special key, and some pretty flowers and hearts...

"Fairy Jumble"
 The original is on a stretched canvas (so it's ready to hang on the wall) and it's 20cm x 20cm x 3.5cm. It's $69 on eBay or $65 for Facebook Fans.

There are also prints available:

The other painting is also an entry for the Monthly Painters Challenge - but this time it's a late entry for October 2011 - where I was sick and missed the deadline - so I've added mine in late. Better late than never right? 

The topic was "Something beginning with O" and I did a painting of a girl called Olive who lives a life of opulence. Even her octopus friend wears jewels...

"Opulent Olive"

The original is 45cm x 35cm x 1.5cm on stretched canvas (so it's ready to hang straight on the wall) on eBay for $169 (or $160 for Facebook Fans). There are also prints available if the original is out of the question:

or

Ok, I think it's time for a cup of tea...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)