Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday the 13th

First of all - Happy Birthday to my Grandad who would've been 84 today. He passed away 7 years ago on Valentine's Day - the day after his birthday, so tomorrow is a little bitter-sweet in that respect.

*****

Today I've been running around going to the post office, library and getting some important shopping done. I must say - I was pretty focused on finding some new healthy meal options.
 
I first heard about Jess Ainscough (the Wellness Warrior), while I was living on the Sunshine Coast, and was recently spurred on to read her blog via my friend Susana Frioni (who now does yoga classes on the Sunny Coast! Which I have been told are awesome by the way...). Anyway - Jess is all about organic eating and promoting a healthy lifestyle and she must be rubbing off on me because today I bought some Coconut Oil (organic, virgin, cold pressed, unrefined, unbleached, un-deodorised, and not hydrogenated!!!), Organic Quinoa (pronounced "Keen-Wah"), and even KALE! Yes - this girl actually makes me want to drink juice made from a vegetable that's part of the cabbage family! Wowza. We'll see how that goes...

 In other exciting news - I'm going to be part of a group exhibition in March! It's called "Viva La Frida" and is inspired by one of my favourite artists - Frida Kahlo (you know - the one with the monobrow?). It's from March 9th to 18th 2012, at the Circle Gallery in West End (next to Art Shed).



 Tonight I've really got to get to work on my piece for this month's "Monthly Painters Challenge". But first, I've got a mountain of dishes to do, and dinner to make, and a whingey Miss 3 - Oh - and did I mention it's Witching Hour?


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Happy Monday Jaz. It seems like everywhere I turn today there's someone involved in the Frida exhibition. Looking forward to seeing your take on Frida, I'm sure it will be gorgeous. Hopefully catch you at the opening.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)