Thursday, May 24, 2012

Butterfly Fairy + Cupcakes!

I just finished up a new mini painting - "Crimson Butterfly Fairy" - which I've popped up on eBay for $30. The mini paintings are a great way to own some original art without the huge price tag.

Mini Crimson Butterfly Fairy                    Mini Crimson Butterfly Fairy Side


Yesterday Miss 3 and I attempted to make some rainbow cupcakes. Anything this colourful has to be fun!

Mixing the individual bowls of cupcake batter into different colours.

Layering the coloured cupcake batter.


Unfortunately I didn't have the right size patty papers for this tray - so I thought that I could just grease it with butter, but they still stuck! Oops.

 

We still ate them anyway! :)

 While we're on the subject of cupcakes...I've got a little giveaway for you. You can win this teeny (10cm x 10cm) cute original painting of mine!

"Teeny Cupcake" Original Painting
"Teeny Cupcake" - side view

To win: Just leave a comment on this blog post with your name and email address so that I can contact you if you're the winner (I promise I won't spam you.

For extra entries: 
  • Tweet this: "Giveaway! Win an original mini cupcake painting by Jaz Higgins @artbyjaz  http://bit.ly/Lr8MzG"
Good luck!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. It all looks so good! Love your paintings and good job on cooking RAINBOW cup cakes, they look yummy despite their shape. We live and learn :) I thought the butter would work too, I would of done the same thing. I'm sure you both had lots of fun making and eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cupcake painting is SO cute and combines three of my favourite things: cake, pink, and bows. I'm not afraid of how ridiculous that might sound but I can assure you that everyone I know thinks of me any time they see cupcakes, it's a gift ;)

    Stoked to be your 800th follower on FB too!!

    I'm giving away a cake book at the moment, if you fancy checking it out! Gotta share the cake love.

    Katherine - katherine@throughmylookingglass.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to have bumped into your blog! Your paintings are simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)