Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Bliss Fairy

Good morning! It's Friday!

Yesterday I started sketching up (in paint) a new mermaid painting. I'm still not sure of all of the details that will go in to it yet - this is all I've got so far:

A rough sketch of a new mermaid painting...

Before I work on this one anymore today though, I've got to work on my Monthly Painters Challenge piece.

In case you missed it - on Wednesday night I posted a new original painting. This one is called "Summer Bliss Fairy" and I've already recieved lots of really nice comments on it on Facebook. Plus I've now reached 800 fans on FB which is really cool.

Summer Bliss Fairy
"Summer Bliss Fairy"



Today I've got Miss 3 with me - and it's a lovely rainy overcast day - perfect for painting. So here goes!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Love the Summer Bliss Fairy, and I wish it was actually summer... great hibiscus... and the mermaid sketch looks great... nice to see a bit more of your process... and hugest congrats in the world on reaching the 800... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trace! I'm actually enjoying this cooler cuddly winter weather at the moment. I just had a 2nd look at the work-in-progress shot and realised how ridiculous it looks - she looks like she's some sort of eel with short arms! Gotta go through those 'ugly duckling' phases to get to the finished painting right? x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jaz,

    How's the Mermaid coming along? Is she making a "splash" as of yet?

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully she will be making a 'splash' this afternoon/tonight :) Thanks Lou! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment below! :)