Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lots of little projects!

It's been a crazy couple of days with lots of art orders, a sick husband (man flu!), Miss 3 at home, Drs appointments, lugging massive rolls of cardboard & bubble wrap (packing supplies) around, trips to the post office...you name it. Tomorrow I'll be happy to bunker down and finish off that big (72cm x 101cm) monochrome commissioned painting. Hopefully once it's complete and the client is 100% happy, I will be able to share some pictures. It's 'Alice in Wonderland' inspired, and it's coming along really nicely. It's strange because I usually work with lots of bright colours, and this one is all black, grey and white! It's fun to do something different though.

As well as that I've been busy getting wholesale orders organised to send out to a few shops in the next few days. Art prints, postcard packs and notecards...
Makin' notecards!

 I'll let you know the details of the stores once I've finalised each lot.

 So...there's lots of little things going on at the moment. It's now right in the thick of Winter here in Brisbane, Australia (which let's face it, doesn't exactly get any snow), but it's cold enough to want to wear my dressing gown all day long (which I would except the sleeves are too bulky and always end up in my paint water!). The Winter days are stunning though - blue skies, a chill in the air and the warm sun beaming down. I might even get the chance to snap a few photos this weekend for the Yellow Pages "Capture the Cover" comp! I don't know how I'm going to compete with entries like this one from Perth, but I'll give it a go! 

#CaptureTheCover entry by Steve Fraser

Brisbane's Bayside does have some stunning areas to capture. Let's just hope this nice weather continues through the weekend! :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Please leave a comment below! :)