Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Is Today Your Lucky Day?

Today in Australia we have our biggest horse race of the year - The Melbourne Cup. They call it "the race that stops a nation" because around 3pm (Melb time) people all over the country stop work, drop what they are doing, and wait in excited anticipation while the horses run their final lap around Flemington Racecourse. I haven't put a bet on this year. I normally do, but always seem to fail miserably, so I decided to put my money on a lotto ticket instead. Tonight there will be a $100 million superdraw!

My lucky "Four Leaf Clover Fairy"

Along with these exciting events - 3 of my Facebook fans have also been lucky today! I'm excited to have reached 900 fans (actually 921 at the moment!) - and I am giving away art prints to 3 random fans. The winners this time are...Lisa Jayne Blackmore, Kathryn Woods, and John Paul Luna! If you are one of these winners could you please email me at artbyjaz@yahoo.com.au, along with which 8x10" art print you would like, and where you would like me to send it to. Congratulations!

I've continued to be busy working on commissioned paintings lately. In the lead up to Christmas I tend to get quite a lot of them! Which is great of course. :) I recently finished a big triptych piece for a client inspired by his lovely little girl and 2 of her favourite doggy pets! 

Commissioned triptych painting - each panel measuring 50cm x 60cm (20" x 24")

Today I'm starting a new commissioned painting - it's quite big at 30"x40" - so I better get going on it! Hopefully I'll be able to share pics of it once it's finished. I'm also open to your ideas for my big 1,000 Facebook fan giveaway! An original painting? A set of prints?...What do you think?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)