Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

No wonder they call it the 'silly season' - the shops are crazy, the postal system goes...um...postal, there are Christmas parties and kids parties at every chance, everywhere you go there are Mariah Carey and Michael Buble's Xmas albums playing in the background, and everyone gets just a little bit s i l l y! 

Ah...but I love Sundays.

For some strange reason this is one Sunday in the past couple of months that I don't have a stall at a market, so what did we do this morning? We went shopping at the local farmer's market! Yes, we're nuts. But we did get a truck load of fruit and veg and some fresh flowers. It's a different game when you're the shopper!

Snow white roses - trying not to wilt in this heat!


This week we also got around to putting up the Christmas tree. We finally got a black one with a pink and silver theme. I love it! 




This week I'll be getting ready for 2 markets that are coming up next weekend:

Saturday 15th December – Christmas in the Carpark
(It's FREE! - with modern Christmas carols, Santa, twilight markets, face painting, food and drinks...)
Wynnum RSL
174 Tingal Rd, Wynnum
5pm – 9pm

 Sunday 16th December – Redlands Handmade Expo
Redlands PCYC (aka Capalaba PCYC)
Corner of Mt Cotton & Degen Rds, Capalaba
9am – 2pm

As for painting, I've been whipping up a storm with commissioned paintings with Christmas deadlines. I've got one to send off to the USA this week, and I'm going to make sure it gets there before Xmas if I have to fly it there myself!

On that note - I should go and finish it off. I hope you all had a nice weekend! :)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)