Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Most of my time continues to be spent on Mummyhood at the moment - which I have to say I'm loving. There's nothing like newborn cuddles and the hint of a 6 week old smile. Of course, there's also the sleepless nights, the constant need for my attention, and I smell like milk most of the time...but it's worth it at the end of the day.
 
As a new Mum, it's imperative that your nail colour matches your babies onesie.

Miss 4's daycare centre had a "Mum's Night Out" tonight - where they babysit for free for 2 hours so that the parents can enjoy a "kid-free" dinner. Hubby and I went to Stones on the Main - which is a restaurant where you cook your own meal on a hot 300C stone at your table. Quite interesting! 



I ordered the BBQ Mixed Grill, which had chicken breast, lamb, beef and a lamb chop, along with chips and salad. The meal was delicious, perhaps a little bit overpriced (at $35), but good if you're looking for something a little bit different to your usual date night.

Every spare moment I've had over the past week, I've spent painting. It's not a lot of time - perhaps half an hour here and there, but I'm slowly working away at a couple of pieces at the moment. Of course there's also a ton of housework to do, and sleep to catch up on *yawn*.

Miss 4 is always close by when I'm painting.

I'm mainly working on a big piece for an exhibition coming up in August, but I'm also trying to pop in a few other pieces (like the one in the picture above) to put in my online store over the next couple of weeks.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mummy's out there for Sunday!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Jaz on being a supermum. Mr Lil is a cutie! Loved that daycare has a parent's night out where they baby sit for free!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)