Friday, June 14, 2013

New display at West End Coffee House

The lovely folks at West End Coffee House have allowed me to put some of my original artwork up in their cafe!

Here's a time lapse video of the paintings being hung on Wednesday night:



If you're in the Brisbane area, go in and check them out! They also do awesome coffee (and Thai inspired food) - so it's a win win really!

 Last night I was able to get a couple of hours of painting in, so I started a new vampire girl painting. So far I've just layed down the main areas, kind of 'sketching' out where I want things to be in the painting. I've added in a couple of bats in the background, but I'm still not sure what other details I'm going to add in yet. I'm thinking some sort of vintage gothicy stuff. We'll see...

http://distilleryimage5.ak.instagram.com/18dbb604d48911e28f2322000a9e0753_7.jpg

That's all for now. Baby A is only happy to sit in his bouncer for a few minutes before he wants to be picked up again! He loves being carried around - which makes it a bit hard to get anything done really! Oh well...I'm enjoying these newborn cuddles while they last. :)

Happy Friday!

 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. the time lapse was very cool... and looking forward to seeing the new painting progress... have no clue how you are getting any painting done at all... very impressed...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey! It's really a matter of "sleep or paint?" when bub is asleep at the moment and paint is currently winning! Luckily this newborn sleeps quite a bit...might not be the same in a couple of months. x

      Delete

Please leave a comment below! :)