Monday, July 8, 2013

Ballina, Byron Bay and then Monday

We're back from a fun weekend!

We spent a long weekend (Fri-Sun) in Northern NSW, visiting my in-laws. The weather was sunny, blue skies, perfect temperature. We had BBQs, bon fires, walked around the rivers and lakes, played at the playgrounds and skateparks, checked out the little surfers at the Oz Grom Surf Competition at Lennox Head, and spent yesterday walking around Byron Bay markets followed by a quick trip to the beach and then dinner at Mokha.

My clever Hubby put together this video of some of the BMX riders at Ballina Skatepark...

 




http://images.getconnected.dnsw.com.au/multimedia/NSWFullview___9292351_2478_surfer2.jpg
One of the surfers at the Lennox Head Oz Grom Surf Event (photo courtesy of http://www.visitnsw.com)










Byron Bay Markets - photo courtesy of suffolkbeachfront.com.au



Baby A chilling on Main Beach, Byron Bay - while Miss 4 decided to have a swim! Yes - in July!


Today is Monday and it's back to the daily grind. Fun stuff like groceries, washing, cooking, mummy stuff, art orders etc. but I find it's easier when I've had such a relaxing weekend. I love being at home with my kids. Like, I really love it. But...I also love the work I do with my art business - and that has been calling me more and more lately in every spare moment I have. With an exhibition coming up fast in August, I still need to finish one more big painting for that, and there's always orders to fill during the evenings, plus the never ending pull to paint. It doesn't go away. Those paintbrushes keep calling me!

It's a juggle for any parent out there. I'm particularly interested in hearing about other artist mummies out there who juggle the two hats. Last week my friend Jennie Rosenbaum wrote a post which I found interesting "on being and artist and a mother" http://jenniespalette.com/2013/07/03/on-being-an-artist-and-a-mother/. I also relate a lot to Rudy Fig's post on the same topic: http://creamalacrypt.wordpress.com/2013/05/09/on-being-an-artist-and-a-mom-momifesto-of-an-artist/

 How do other parents out there juggle with their career and parenthood? Do you work from home? Do you feel the need for a career now that you have children? Or do you feel that your children are your career? I'd love to hear your stories.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend and one you needed! You amaze me with all that you accomplish Jaz!

    BTW your second hyperlink goes to jennies post, lucky you put in the actual http. Interesting perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trace! :) Yes it was lovely. Oh, and thanks for letting me know about the link - I've fixed it up now. Hope to catch up with you soon! xo

      Delete

Please leave a comment below! :)