Monday, July 22, 2013

Paintings in the works...

Hello Monday!

I've finally got my orders off to the post office for the day, and now it's time to catch up on some other art-related work - including this blog update.

My "Dianthus Fairy" mini painting has now sold. I completely forgot that the State of Origin Final was going to be on Wednesday night - and my auction ended right in the middle of it! That was clever wasn't it? Oh well, one lucky buyer snapped it up! Congrats! :) If you missed out on the original painting, there are now 8x8" prints available HERE.

"Dianthus Fairy" Mini Original Painting
"Dianthus Fairy"

 That night we had some friends around for home made pizza and watched Queensland win again! 8th time in a row. Woo hoo! Baby A dressed the part, but as you can see in the photo - he slept through the entire thing.



I'm currently working on a couple of big paintings for the upcoming "Once Upon a Time" exhibition in August. How is it the 22nd of July already!? I've also got a few commissions that are in the works. I know I told myself that I wasn't taking on any commissions until Baby A is a little bit older, but somehow a couple popped up that sounded like fun and I just couldn't say no! Whoops.

One of the paintings I'm working on for "Once Upon a Time"

 I've had a few people ask where I get the time to paint lately? I only really have the chance to paint at the moment when Baby A is asleep and Miss 4 is asleep (or at preschool), so it is limited, but I've managed to get some done at night and on weekends when Hubby can watch the kids as well. It's a juggle, but I wouldn't have it any other way right now. Speaking of which - now is the perfect time to get off the computer and pick up a brush!

Ciao.

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)