Thursday, August 1, 2013

Exhibition News & Attack of the Pop Tart.

Hello August!

This week has been...preschool runs, laundry, cooking, cleaning, and looking after Miss 4 and 4 month old Baby A (who I think is teething!?), planting some seeds, painting at any spare moment, getting orders out, and trying to sleep (sleep!? what's that!?).

Drying out some passionfruit seeds for planting.

 If it's any indication of what my day is like - I started this blog post around 9:30am this morning and I'm now finishing it at 6pm. haha. It's all over the place!

You may have spotted me working on some mini paintings on instagram. They are actually nearly all finished now. Two of them were commissioned pieces and the others are a couple that I've been working at here and there. They will be available in the next few days in my eBay store - I'll post the details here when I list them.

Mini paintings (5"x5") in progress.

The big art news at the moment is that I am exhibiting at The Art & Design Precinct, 10 Bailey St, West End, Brisbane for the Once Upon a Time Exhibition, from the 16th - 25th August 2013. Opening night is coming up super fast and I've still got to finish one of my bigger pieces for the show! I will have three new original paintings there (two BIG ones!) and a selection of prints available. I will also be there on opening night from 6pm - and I would love to meet you!

For now though, it's time to cook dinner (Butter Chicken). Speaking of cooking - I cooked my hand on a pop tart the other night! I was scavenging around for chocolate after dinner, and all I could find was a Smores pop tart. Turns out it was a big bad idea!!

The burning would not stop for hours, unless I had it under cold running water. If I took it out for a few minutes it would start burning again - so I trawled google (on my handy ipad!) and found the top rated remedy on Earth Clinic was to wrap the burn in aluminium foil. It sounded nuts but I was desperate, so I tried it (although I still needed a bag of ice on top of the foil) and after about half an hour it worked! The stinging completely stopped. Amazing.
 
My pop tart injury.

Is this a sign that I should be eating healthier? Or that I should have chocolate bars around at all times so I won't go hunting for alternatives?


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Great Post Jaz! I missed this one when you posted it. How'd the Passiofruit growing go? I've got a few seedlings I started a while back, have been meaning to pot them out for months. Mine arr slow growers, may be that the season is not right fir them. Your paintings look fantastic, you've been quite productive. Ouchy on the pop tart burn. Must try the alfoil trick next time I'm burnt. I say choc bars are probably safest.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)