Friday, September 6, 2013

Original Paintings Available & Growing Fruit!

Now that the 'Once Upon a Time' exhibition is over, I have my paintings here in my home studio and ready for sale! I have listed them in my eBay and Etsy stores, but if you're wanting a bit of a discount, you can also purchase any of my paintings through my Facebook page.  All of my original paintings are in a photo album labelled "Available Original Paintings" - and you can buy them by simply writing 'sold' in the comments field, along with your email address so I can contact you. I typically give my Facebook fans a discount of 10% or more due to the fact that I don't have to pay listing fees as I do in my other stores.

"Snow White in the Enchanted Forest" Original Painting

"The Little Mermaid's Demise" Painting by Jaz Higgins
"The Little Mermaid's Demise"

"Cinderella - Something Magical Awaits" Painting by Jaz Higgins
"Cinderella - Something Magical Awaits"
This week (apart from the usual chaos that also comes with being a Mummy to a 4 year old and a 5 month old) I've been working away on a couple of commissioned paintings, that I will be able to share with you once they're finished.
 
http://distilleryimage6.ak.instagram.com/d07f31da0fbe11e380b322000a1f9c82_7.jpg

I've been managing to get some painting hours in here and there when the babies are asleep...:)

 My lovely friend Tracey asked me how my passionfruit seeds are going and I'm happy to say that I think I might have a passionfruit vine sprouting!?

I dried out the seeds from a store bought passionfruit.

I put them on some soil in a covered container, opening it for around an hour a day just to make sure they didn't go mouldy. Eventually a couple of them sprouted and I planted them in little pots!

Look! I think this is a passionfruit vine. (At least I hope it is, and not just something that was in the soil that I put in the container in the first place. lol)


Apart from passionfruit, I've also been trying to grow some other things - like tomatoes! I don't even eat tomatoes myself, but Hubby does and I'm always buying them for salads and recipes, and apparently they're easy to grow. Taking my Mum's advice - I threw some over ripe tomatoes from her plant into the dirt in my backyard and roughly smooshed them in there...and a few weeks later...I think there are lots of little tomato sprouts shooting up!


Tomato sprouts!

While I'm not exactly Don Burke, I think it's fun to watch these plants spring to life from practically nowhere. Plus - eating my own organic food is pretty awesome, and it also gives the kids a great learning experience. I look forward to having a bigger garden space some day, but at the moment my little garden and some herb and flower pots are my limit.

It's Friday night, our babies are asleep, and Hubby and I are heading that way ourselves! So it's goodnight for now. Have a fun weekend! x


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jaz, your fairytale paintings are Amazing!

    You've got the gardening bug too :) It is fun watching things grow especially things you can eat. The cycle of plant life is entriguing.

    Tomatoes are quite easy to grow and they do taste a lot sweeter than store brought. Your little patch looks great. Wait till they start growing bigger and flowering, then fruiting! So interesting to watch. I took lots of photos of mine in the early stages (see my insta feed) when it was all new to me. I'm looking forward to starting some more plants now that the weather has warmed up.

    Umm, I don't know how to break it to you, so I'll come right out and say it, I don't think that's a passionfruit seedling, that looks much like a cobbler peg weed. But don't fret too much, you could still get some sprouting. I started a few from seed (in soil uncovered outside) and they took ages to sprout. I'll tag you in the photo of mine on Instagram so you can see how mine looked to begin with.

    Have a great weekend, and don't forget to vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the paintings and have no clue how you achieve so much with a baby in the house... you amaze me... and have to say the weather makes us all think about the garden... I have been looking out at the veggie beds all morning planning what to put in for the spring planting... and I am thinking we need to find space for passionfruit... I love them so much... xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)