Sunday, June 8, 2014

"Pride"

Bacon and eggs, cappucinos & music videos. Gotta love Sunday mornings! (Even though I have to share my brekkie with Baby A, who is flinging most of it on the floor. We'll just ignore that.)

I've just uploaded a new painting to the Big Eye Artist Collective auction. This month's theme was "7 Deadly Sins" and at first I was going to do one painting with all 7 sins included, but after a few sketches I realised I wanted to do 7 paintings - each one for a different sin. So I started with 'Pride'.  

http://photos-g.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfp1/10358317_1515981748623894_94283875_n.jpg
From the start I knew I wanted a purple colour palette because the colour of 'pride' is purple!

http://photos-c.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/10296610_289060811269458_466584031_n.jpg
I added in some little skulls to the background. I think I will do this for all 7 of my "deadly sins" paintings, to tie them together.




 I wanted her to be over-the-top adorned in things that symbolise vanity and pride - hence the peacock feathers, pearls, jewels and daffodils (the flower of vanity).

"Pride" original painting

The original is up for auction HERE - starting at just $10! Or if you feel like snapping it up right away, there is also the option to "Buy It Now" for $129.

I'm looking forward to doing the rest of the series now. Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy and Wrath. Which one should I do next?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)