Thursday, July 3, 2014

"Winterberry"

It's school holidays and this week got off to a slow start with the household coming down with a head cold. We're slowly picking up the pieces now, and I can't believe it's already Thursday! 

Despite the first few days being a write off, I did manage to put the finishing touches on my painting for this month's "Monthly Painter's Challenge". The secret topic was "Winter".

"Winterberry"

 Lately I've been obsessed with berries of all kinds, maybe it's because of the cold weather, or maybe I've just developed more of a taste for them as I've gotten older (I'm nearly 30 you know!!). I was eating some raspberries in the car the other day when I started imagining a painting of a girl/princess surrounded by berries. I immediately conjured up a colour palette of rich reds, deep blues, violets and dark purples. So, when I saw that this month's challenge was "Winter" I immediately set about creating "Winterberry". She has deep burgundy eyes, strawberry blonde hair and wears a winterberry crown.

"Winterberry" painting by Jaz Higgins - side view

The original 8"x8" painting ($59) is available to purchase by emailing me at artbyjaz@yahoo.com.au.

There are also 8x8" paper prints available HERE.

I've also picked (at random) a subscriber from my email list this month to win an art print of their choice. Congratulations Vicky!

I'm going to continue the promotion for July - so sign up below to be in the draw to win an art print of your choice!



I hope you're having a nice week!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love that background... Just perfect... Happy to see you painting more again...xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)