Wednesday, July 13, 2016

New experiences, new paintings...

We went to ARIA restaurant on Sunday night for dinner. Super fancy. 7 courses. Teeny tiny work-of-art meals.

IMAGE - ARIA BRISBANE MENU, FOODIE MOOKIE Food reviewer
My favourite of the night - Buffalo curd w poached pear, roasted hazelnuts and potato crisps. (photo taken from www.foodiemookie.com)

Dessert was dehydrated honey cake with toasted rice sorbet, pomegranate and lavender.

For the huge price I still walked away hungry (ha!) but it was worth it for an experience to remember. It's also inspired a couple of art ideas...

 I was right when I said that this week would be quiet with back-to-school! It's eerily quiet here, but it has given me the chance to catch up on commissioned paintings, replying to emails, and working on a couple more smaller paintings, as well as some original ACEO sized (2.5"x3.5") paintings which I'm popping up for auction on eBay starting at $1.

"Sparkle Seahorse ACEO" by Jaz Higgins
"Little Green Sparkle Wings"



"Lover's Eye III" Original Painting
"Lover's Eye III" original painting

 These tiny paintings have been refreshing after painting lots of BIG pieces lately. I also added a couple of slightly bigger 5"x7" fairies to the shop too.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ORIGINAL-PAINTING-Fushia-Glitter-Wings-Canvas-Fairy-Big-Eye-Girl-Jaz-Higgins-/272295071684?hash=item3f660d0fc4
"Fuschia Glitter Wings"

"Black Glitter Wings" Original Painting
"Black Glitter Wings"

Tonight is the premiere for the new "Ghostbusters" movie. My husband is the biggest Ghostbusters fan I know (a true 80s kid!) and we are going to see it first thing tomorrow! I can't wait.

 I hope you're having a lovely week.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)