Thursday, January 16, 2014

Ramping It Up

I've noticed the trend for New Year's Resolutions this year is to not have one, but rather have a 'word' or 'theme' that you are keeping with for the year. I have a few resolutions in my mind that I've roughly set (the usual - eat healthier, move more, paint more, write more), but my theme for this year is "ramping it up!"

It mainly relates to work, but also a few other areas of my life too. Baby A is nearly 10 months, and slowly gaining more and more independance, and Miss 5 is off to school, so there's going to be a change in routine this year. I still plan on mainly working from my home studio, and slowly ramping up my hours as we go. With Baby A home with me most of the time (at least until he's weaned from breastmilk), I can't go off 'maternity leave' completely, but I think I can dedicate a few more hours to painting than I've been able to the past few months (in between feeds, sleeps & school pick ups!).

I've started taking on some commissioned pieces again, however there's still a waiting list of a couple of months, so if you have something in mind, let me know as soon as you can. :)

Today I've been working on this little guy:


It's going to be a White Rabbit painting for a baby boy! He looks a bit scary at the moment, but it's just the under-painting part. This is only a section of the painting, because I don't want to give too much away just yet, but I hope to share the whole thing once it's completed. Most of my paintings feature girls, so it's fun to work on something with a boy theme!

Speaking of boys, I have a 9 month old one that needs my attention right now. So that's all folks!


  Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)