Friday, November 6, 2015

Go to Jail, Go Directly to Jail, Do Not Pass GO, Do Not Collect $200.

I'm going to jail tomorrow night, and I'm taking my art with me!

Yep! Tomorrow night 7th of November '15 - I'm being involved in an art show at the historic Boggo Road Gaol in Brisbane. I will literally have a jail cell in Cell Block D set up as my art gallery for the night. 


This just isn't any jail. This place is a 100+ year old maximum security prison, and known as one of the most haunted places in Brisbane.


It's part of a 'party' that is being held by Flying Eyeball Promotions. It's open to the public, and you can get tickets at http://flyingeyeballpromotions.com/

Info from their event page:
The night’s entertainment includes drum’n’bass, heavy metal, rock and progressive; projection mapping on 3 storey brick walls, the Heavenly Art Gallery inside cell block D, interactive video walls, live performance art in cell block F, to name a few – and once again we have BYO status!

There will be limited tickets at the door, but the event is limited to a certain number of people, so if you're keen I recommend to pre-book your tickets on the website.

I'll be taking art prints, colouring books and postcards with me, as well as a couple of original paintings including:

"Crystal Death" Original Painting
"Crystal Death"


"Ice Cream Fantasy" Mermaid Original Painting 
"Ice Cream Fantasy"

"The Wicked Witch of the West" Original Painting 
"Wicked Witch of the West"

and

"The Little Mermaid's Demise" Original Painting
"The Little Mermaid's Demise"
I've been here once before (during the day) for a tour when I was a teenager and I remember it being really eerie, so I am a little anxious about it...although I'm excited as well. Nervcited?

 Wish me luck!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)