Thursday, September 25, 2014

30!

Hubby and I are back from a quick whirlwind trip to Melbourne for my 30th birthday. We had the BEST time - eating like royalty, relaxing in our beautiful hotel (The Blackman) and exploring the streets of Melbourne and St Kilda.

Some highlights were:

  •   Riding a bike along St. Kilda Pier, where my grandparents met over 60 years ago.
 
  • Seeing "The Block"! We planned on having a sneaky look out the front and totally fluked it that it was "Open for Inspection" day! We couldn't believe our luck. We got to meet the lovely Shelley Craft, and The Block contestants, and walk through all of the apartments!


  • Seeing Rama Nicholas' one woman musical comedy "After Ever After" at the Melbourne Fringe Festival.

It was great to get home and see my babies! I miss them so much when I'm away from them. At the same time it was a much needed break. I'm feeling recharged, refreshed and re-inspired!
So far this week I've been busy getting orders up to date, and I finished the mermaid painting I was working on at Comic Con. Some of you may have already seen her! I've popped her up for auction on eBay HERE:

"A Splash of Colour" Mermaid Painting by Jaz Higgins
"A Splash of Colour"
"A Splash of Colour" Mermaid Painting by Jaz Higgins - Side View
Side View

I've also thrown up a few prints up for auction starting at 99c this week - just to spark some interest :) You can view them all HERE.

Well, it's back to reality for me now. There's nothing like school holidays to bring you back to reality after a short break away! :) Wish me luck.


Photobucket



1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like you had a lovely time! Your new work looks fantastic. You have been super productive!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! :)