Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"Wicked Witch of the West"

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2013/06/The-Wizard-of-Oz-75th-Anniversary-Collector%E2%80%99s-Edition.jpgAs a kid, my favourite movie was "Wizard of Oz" - hands down. I borrowed that VHS tape about a million times from the video store, until one day my Grandad recorded it on to a tape for me, ads and all (our video player didn't have a 'record' function - oh dear). I LOVED that video. Pretty impressive for a movie that was made 45 years before I was born! Can you believe that movie was made 75 years ago!?
 
I still watch it today (I now have it on Blu-Ray! lol) and love it just as much. You know I'm a sucker for those cute Pop! Vinyl figures, and a while ago I got my hands on the "Wicked Witch of the West". Her pointed eyebrows, little hat, and broomstick are just TOO adorable.
 

Then recently for my birthday Hubby bought me the Peter Alexander "Ding Dong" minishorts with a matching red singlet and I just can't wait for the weather to warm up so that I can wear them! Look at those creepy witch hands and stripey "Wicked Witch of the East" legs!

http://www.peteralexander.com.au/PJ/images/products/medium/816971_multi_m.jpg 
 So I felt inspired to create a "Wicked Witch of the West" painting! 

I included her sister's stripey legs, her witchy fingers, her creepy hourglass and of course her faithful flying monkeys!


The original is in my store HERE.

There are also 8x10" and 12x16" prints available HERE.

I hope you're having a wicked week, my pretties!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)