Monday, March 9, 2015

"Blessed Mermaid"

Hello Monday!

Our weekend was mostly filled up with catching up with friends and family. The weather is still HOT here in Brisbane Australia, so I would've been happy to sit at home in the air con all day, but I'm glad we got out and about. :) We went to Wynnum yesterday for lunch and the kids loved playing on the whale park.


On Saturday morning I finished and listed a new original painting "Blessed Mermaid" up for auction in my eBay store, starting at $1.

"Blessed Mermaid" original painting by Jaz Higgins
"Blessed Mermaid"

 It's 15cm x 30cm on stretched canvas, so it can hang on the wall or sit on it's own on a desk or side table.

"Blessed Mermaid" by Jaz Higgins - Side View



It looks like the week ahead will be filled with lots of painting with a couple of commission requests coming in this weekend. It's fun to do custom paintings now and then. When I'm painting I can have a million ideas running through my head, and I never really know where the piece is going to end up. Sometimes I can start painting a mermaid and it turns into a fairy. But with a custom piece, I am working with someone else to bring their ideas and dreams into being. It's really a team effort!

Even if you don't want to commission a painting for yourself, I would love to hear any ideas you might have for paintings. Feel free to message me anytime on Instagram or my Facebook page.

Here's to a great week!



Photobucket

P.S. If you want occasional updates & secrets that I only share with my email list, sign up below:

Subscribe to my mailing list

* indicates required



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! :)